Location: Kootenay Area
Reporting directly to the Silviculture Coordinator, the successful applicant will be a motivated self-starting individual who excels in a team environment. This is a seasonal (10 month) position and the successful candidate will be a member of the Forest Management Group.
- Management of post harvest site assessments, site preparation, seed collection; reforestation, silviculture surveys; brushing and weeding and applicable reporting requirements
- Contribute to the maintenance of a strong safety culture in the company and contractor operations.
- Fulfill environmental responsibilities as outlined in the company’s Forest Management System.
- Provide a supportive and positive atmosphere for personal, professional and team development
The successful candidate will bring the following experience and expertise:
- Current Registration as an FIT, RFT or RPF with the Association of BC Forestry Professionals, OR eligible to register within 2 years.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable BC forestry and related legislation and policies
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to work within a team environment
- Excellent computer skills and related software knowledge including forestry applications
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license *applicants are asked to submit a current driver’s abstract with their resume*
Interested applicants should submit their resumes by 4:00 pm Friday February 8th ,2013 to the following:
Forest Management Group
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org