Shift Engineer / Panel Operator
Location: Canfor Green Energy – Grande Prairie
Closing Date: Open until filled
Canfor Green Energy is a biomass energy generation facility that utilizes Canfor residual fiber to produce steam power and electricity. This 25 MW cogeneration plant is located adjacent to Canadian Forest Products Ltd. (Canfor) sawmill, in the city of Grande Prairie.
Canfor Green Energy has openings for personnel to operate and maintain our Plant on a 24-hour, 7-day per week basis.
The successful candidate will bring the following experience and expertise:
- Must hold Power Engineer certification (2nd Class), valid in Alberta
- Will support the Plant as an operating Shift Engineer, working 12-hour shifts on a 4-week rotation
- PC and PLC based operating experience is required
- A commitment to safe work practices
- Well-developed organizational and communication skills
- Responsible for the operation of two 900 PSI, 900oF; Hog Fuel Boilers plus a 25 MW turbo-generator and associated equipment.
- Lead the morning meeting to review the Plant status and plans for the day.
- Working with and training operating personnel.
- Responsible for managing the crew of 4 operators.
- Develop and review plant procedures
As the successful applicant, you will be self-motivated and work well independently, as well as in a team environment. The positions offer a competitive hourly wage, group health plan, long term disability, life insurance, medical and dental coverage, group RRSP, and bonus.
This position will remain open until all positions have been filled. Interested applicants should submit their resumes to the following:
Canfor Green Energy
Grande Prairie, AB
Fax: (780) 539-0822
Thank you for your interest in Canfor Green Energy. Only those applicants invited to enter the interview process will be contacted. E-mail applicants will receive confirmation of application receipt.