Closing Date: May 16, 2014
Reporting to the Operations Manager – Vanderhoof Fibre, the Operations Superintendent is responsible for delivery of volumes to meet manufacturing facility needs and Company commitments. This is a full time position and the successful candidate will be a member of the Forest Management Group.
- Management of a strong staff and contractor workforce, to achieve size, species cost profile targets for Canfor’s manufacturing facilities.
- Deliver safety results that improve practices and deliver safety leadership within the Canfor’s operations as well as within the forest industry generally.
- Facilitate delivery of appropriate volume to meet manufacturing facility needs while driving improvements to Canfor’s supply chain strategy.
- Participate in the development of annual budgets and rolling monthly outlook projections to achieve cost targets.
- Demonstrate the highest level of commitment to continuous improvement initiatives by implementing cost effective management processes and actively participating in the Canfor Operating System deployment strategies
- Ensuring that all activities are conducted in compliance with Canfor’s Mission Statement, Environmental Policy, Forestry Principles and Environmental Management System
- Participate and lead initiatives to grow / improve Canfor’s business and customer relationships.
- Providing and supporting a positive atmosphere for personal, professional and team development.
The successful candidate will bring the following experience and expertise:
- Minimum of 10 years forestry experience
- University Degree or Technical Diploma
- Excellent leadership, communication and project management skills, with an ability to work within a team environment
- Excellent knowledge of applicable BC legislation and policies
- Excellent computer skills and related software knowledge including forestry applications
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
Interested applicants should submit their resumes by 4:00 pm May 16, 2014 to the following:
Forest Management Group