Human Resources Generalist
Location: Prince George, BC
Closing Date: May 2, 2014
Canfor Pulp Ltd. includes the Northwood Pulp Mill, the Prince George Pulp and Paper Mill, and the Intercontinental Pulp Mill in Prince George as well as the Pulp and Paper Marketing and Innovation Groups in Vancouver.
The Human Resources Generalist will work closely with operations management and supervisors providing sound and consistent guidance to ensure a positive labour relations climate throughout the Company’s pulp and paper operations. The position’s major responsibilities will include:
- Administration and interpretation of the labour agreements for the two Unifor locals and the PPWC.
- Advice and guidance to all levels of management in the areas of grievances, discipline, attendance management and payroll.
- Administration of the job evaluation and rate determination plans.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant labour and employment standards legislation.
- Providing support for management in the areas of performance management, organizational change, and employee development.
- Development and coaching support for staff and hourly employees.
The successful candidate will possess a diploma or degree in Human Resources or related field. A CHRP designation would be considered an asset. A minimum of seven years Human Resources experience in an industrial, unionized workplace is required although an equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered. You will also have proven ability and experience in labour relations and in the administration of collective agreements along with strong negotiation, influence, mediation and conflict management skills. You are able to work as a team player and can provide leadership and guidance in non-reporting relationships.
All interested and qualified applicants are invited to apply by 4:00 PM on May 2nd, 2014 to:
Canfor Pulp Ltd.
C/o CPL Careers
P.O. Box 9000
Prince George, BC V2L 4W2