Human Resources Assistant
Location: Prince George, BC
Closing Date: April 18, 2014
Canfor Pulp Ltd. includes the Northwood Pulp Mill, the Prince George Pulp and Specialty Paper Mill and the Intercontinental Pulp Mill in Prince George as well as the Pulp and Paper Marketing and Innovation Groups in Vancouver.
As a key member of the Canfor Pulp Human Resources team, the incumbent will assist with the administration of the day-to-day Human Resources functions and duties including employee relations, benefits, and employment administration. Specifically the HR Assistant will:
- Administer the hourly benefit and pension programs for active and retired employees
- Coordinate and administer the Vacation Relief Program (summer student hiring)
- Coordinate the mill Apprenticeship Program (i.e. testing, correspondence, registration, schooling, status changes, progress booklets, expenses and tracking)
- Coordinate the hiring and termination of temporary employees for annual maintenance outages
- Administer Union Job Postings
- Participate in recruitment and selection activities
- On board new salaried and hourly employees
- Coordinate tri-mill employee relations events
- Participate in joint union/management committees, as required
- Provide administrative support and prepare confidential correspondence for the Pulp Mill Management Team, as required.
Applicants should have a minimum of Grade 12 along with a diploma in Human Resources or a related field (ie. Business Administration). Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, HRIS systems and document control experience are also requirements. Previous experience with benefits administration and familiarity with a unionized work environment would be considered assets. This position requires a self starter with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the capability of handling multiple tasks.
Interested applicants should forward their resume by 4:00 pm, Friday, April 18, 2014 to:
Canfor Pulp Ltd.
C/o CPL Careers
P.O. Box 9000
Prince George, BC