Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor
Location: Radium Hot Springs
Closing Date: Open until filled
The Maintenance Mechanical Supervisor is a key member of the Maintenance Team and as such, is responsible for the supervision of maintenance crews and to ensure work is performed without undue risk. As the Maintenance Mechanical Supervisor, you will apply your knowledge of processes/equipment and mechanical trades while supervising multi-trade crews engaged in maintenance and project work. With safety as a first priority, you will also coordinate and monitor all aspects of regular maintenance activities.
- Facilitate and promote a safe and positive working environment for all employees
- Provide leadership in safe work performance and quality workmanship.
- Work with the Maintenance Superintendent on maintaining effective cost control programs.
- Coordinate the planned work of crews to ensure maintenance and production targets are met and quality standards are adhered to.
- Direction and supervision of maintenance team members in all areas of the plant.
- Coach, train and support team members to attain optimum results.
- Supervise in accordance with Canfor Operating System principles.
The successful candidate will bring the following experience and expertise:
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Exceptional safe working habits and good working knowledge of WorkSafe BC regulations
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven leadership skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Prior experience as a Supervisor in industry
- Minimum five years journeyperson trade qualification
- Computer skills, solid written and verbal communication skills
Preference may be given to those with extensive experience with:
- Knowledge of electronic based maintenance program
Interested applicants should submit their resumes to the following:
Human Resources Manager
Canfor – Radium Division
Fax: (259) 347-9630