Location: Polar Division - Bear Lake, BC
Closing Date: Open
This is a permanent position and the successful candidate will be a team member of the Plant Maintenance Team and as such, is responsible for the safety, supervision, organization and training of maintenance crews and/or planning of weekend projects. The focus will be on coaching and developing employees to achieve cost effective results in accordance with safety procedures and Canfor Operating System principles as well as constructively directing them to optimize departmental performance.
- Facilitate and promote a safe and positive working environment for all employees.
- Provide leadership in safe work performance and quality workmanship.
- Work with the Superintendent on maintaining effective cost control programs.
- Implementation and maintenance of an effective electrical maintenance program.
- Coach, train and support team members to attain optimum results.
- Ensure full compliances with electrical, safety and environmental permits, applicable government regulations and corporate policies.
- Direction and supervision of electrical and other maintenance activities in all areas of the plant.
- Supervise in accordance with Canfor Operating System principles.
The successful candidate will bring the following experience and expertise:
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Exceptional safe working habits and good working knowledge of the WorkSafe BC regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven leadership skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong working knowledge of PLC control systems.
- Valid electrical trades ticket.
- Preference given to those that currently have a valid FSR
Interested applicants should submit their resumes to:
Human Resources Manager
Polar, Canadian Forest Products Ltd.