Certified Journeyperson – Heavy Duty Mechanic
Location: Plateau Division - Vanderhoof, BC
Closing Date: Open until filled
As a member of Plateau’s Maintenance Team, the successful applicant will be an energetic team player that will apply their skills by performing various maintenance requirements in a safe working environment. Expect competitive compensation and benefits, together with a safe, high-quality work environment and a great team of friendly, family orientated and committed individuals. Shift work is required. A relocation allowance may be available.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining and repairing mobile equipment such as;
- Taylor, Kalmar & Hyster forklifts
- Wagner log loader
- 966 H loader
- 988 loader
- Champion 740 grader
- The ability to operate mobile equipment for test purposes.
The successful candidate will bring the following experience and expertise:
- Certified Journeyperson with the ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
- Knowledge of Cat, Kalmar and Taylor equipment would be an asset
- Experience with hydraulics and welding
- Superior troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Knowledge of the lumber manufacturing process would be an asset
- WHMIS and First Aid Training would be an asset
- Shift work is required.
- A strong commitment to safety with excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
Interested applicants should submit their resumes to:
Canfor – Plateau
We thank all applicants for their interest in Canfor; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.