Certified Journeyperson - Electrician
Location: Vanderhoof, BC
Closing Date: Open until filled
As a member of Plateau’s Maintenance Team, the successful applicant will be an energetic team player that will apply their skills by performing various maintenance requirements in a safe working environment. Expect competitive compensation and benefits, together with a safe, high-quality work environment and a great team of friendly, family orientated and committed individuals. Graveyard shift work is required. A relocation allowance may be available.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Safe maintenance, repair, installation, and modification of all sawmill-related equipment;
- Shift coverage for Sawmill, Planer, Kilns, and Energy Plant
The successful candidate will bring the following experience and expertise:
- Certified Journeyperson with the ability to work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Industrial experience is preferred.
- Previous experience in a solid woods production plant would be an asset.
- Superior troubleshooting skills.
- A strong background in programming PLC5 and Control Logix PLCs.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- WHMIS and First Aid training would be an asset.
- A strong commitment to working safely with excellent communication and interpersonal skill are essential.
Preference will be given to those with extensive experience with:
- Allen Bradley, Toshiba, G3, G7, and Mitsubishi A500, A700 VFDs,
- Good knowledge of MS Windows and MS Office
Interested applicants should submit their resumes to:
Canfor – Plateau
Fax: (250) 567-3911
We thank all applicants for their interest in Canfor; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.